Real-life stories to show how communication can easily be misunderstood and simple tips to improve it.
Do you simply try to share about your day, and he gets frustrated and accuses you of being all over the place?
Do casual conversations with your partner turn into arguments, and you have no idea how you got there?
Do you feel a disconnect in your relationship because you don’t feel heard?
Don’t worry – you’re not the only one going through this. According to John Gray, author of Men Are from Mars, and Women Are from Venus, “The number one complaint women have in relationships is: I don’t feel heard.”
Communication is one of the most common relationship problems that couples experience, and it can lead to much unnecessary conflict.
No matter how much you and your husband or boyfriend love each other, sometimes what you say (or don’t say) and how you say it can get in the way.
This book will show you what could be wrong with your conversations that you aren’t even aware of and offer helpful tips and strategies to break old patterns and change the dynamics of how you communicate and connect as a couple.
In How to Talk to a Man and Feel Heard: 9 Mistakes Women Need to Avoid, you will discover:
- The worst mistake you can make on a first date – this may be why he never called back!
- The root of most communication issues you two face – why it feels like you and the man you love are speaking two different languages
- An enlightened way to approach communication as a couple – how to truly understand where each of you is coming from
- How you can set your conversations up for success with this simple adjustment
- 13 sincere compliments you can say to make him feel valued and appreciated
- How you may be unknowingly undermining and insulting him, despite intending to do the opposite
- Romantic date ideas beyond dinner and a movie that will strengthen your bond and make you feel more connected to each other
- Why he just can’t seem to follow your instructions, and how you can make errands easier for both of you
- Two small words with a damaging footprint – using these words will put him on the defense and destroy your chances of being heard
Communicating with the opposite sex can be confusing and frustrating, especially when you’re in an intimate relationship… but it doesn’t have to be.
Whether you’re just starting a new relationship, you’ve been married for decades, or you want tips for your next relationship, you can find techniques to fix the things in your conversation that aren’t working and enhance those that are right now.
While it’s impossible to magically transform your relationship overnight, with time, practice, and a deliberate intent to break the old patterns, you may achieve a closeness you never imagined possible.
There are no reviews yet.